Another award! Could I be so lucky? 🙂 Yes, yes I can. Thank you Candace Knoebel for the nomination. To those of you stopping in for the first time….Candace is my very best friend, a.k.a. sistah-from-anotha-motha. We’ve cheered each other on, leaned on each other and have created lasting memories with our families together. Everyone should have a Candace – but not my Candace……she’s mine 🙂
The following information was copied from: A Writer’s Journey
What is the Liebster Award?
“The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome” *and awesome*
- If you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself.
- Then you answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you & make 11 questions for the people you are going to tag.
- Tag 11 more Bloggers.
- Tell the people you tagged that you did.
- No tagging back.
- The person you tag must have less than 200 followers.
Here we go!
11 more things you should probably know about me…
- I was born in Presque Isle, Maine.
- I raised a Steer in High School and showed him at the local fair. His name was Bert.
- I love to go camping.
- I’m a night owl.
- I hate Florida summers – it’s like breathing soup.
- My temper gets the best of me every time.
- Don’t talk to me when I first wake up…..I’m not pleasant (that’s putting it mildly).
- I enjoy taking pictures – but dislike having my picture taken.
- I don’t cry……I hold a lot in. Sad but true.
- I will not swim in a lake (because of alligators) I do not go out past my knees in the ocean (because of sharks) both have pointy teeth that scare me.
- I’m a sauce queen. Seriously, the Cilantro Garlic sauce at Pollo Tropical is the bomb-diggity of all sauces 🙂
Now on to Candace’s 11 questions:
- What is your biggest dream? I just want to be successful – I’m not looking to be a millionaire (although it would be nice, don’t get me wrong). I just want to be able to hold my head up with pride and be acknowledged for my hard work.
- What inspires you the most? Watching random acts of kindness.
- What is your favorite kind of music? Indie, rock, pop and everything in between.
- How did you wind up with a blog? Since starting this adventure 4 years ago, Candace and I have had lots of discussions. Ranging from pep talks to plot talks. When Candace got her “we want you” email things got a lot more real. We both knew that self promotion was going to be a must in order to “get ourselves out there”. I’ve had a lot of ish going on and it’s been hindering my self progression. Thankfully I pulled myself out of the rut I was stuck in and put myself back in the game by starting this blog.
- What is your favorite food? Italian, Mexican, Cuban……anything my husband cooks…..yummm…great now I’m hungry!
- What is your favorite genre of reading? Fantasy…..love me some witches, fairies, ass kicking demi goddesses, dragons, wizards, magic. I could go on and on!
- The ocean or the mountains? oh goody, you’re taking me on vacation? Hang on I gotta pack! ………ok, ready when you are…..lol Let’s go across the pond shall we…….what? It’s your dime. (I’m a shameless smart ass – sorry).
- Are you a hopeless romantic? Yes and I desperately hope chivalry never dies.
- What is your current WIP about? Fairy’s, elemental magic, a touch of dragon with a dash of bad guy. Stir in 2 tsp of made up creatures and BAM you have a taste of what my book is about. Sorry, it’s getting late and I’m beyond tired, it’s the best I can come up with.
- What is your top five favorite movies? Across the Universe, apart from the Mr.Kite portion..I totaly FF through that scene, Harry Potter – all 8 of them….because they are epic.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? As soon as I figure it out, I’ll let you know
My 11 questions for you:
- Who is your favorite Author?
- What series is the best series you’ve ever read?
- What is your favorite beverage?
- If you could walk in an alternate universe, which fictional character would you like to meet?
- Cats or Dogs?
- If you could pack up and move anywhere without worrying about money, a job and all that other “grown-up” stuff, where would you go?
- Would you classify yourself as straight-laced or erratic?
- Are you an early bird, or the second mouse get’s the cheese kind of person?
- If you had one super power…what would it be?
- Does playing music help or hinder you when you write?
- What is the top played song on your ipod?
Phew I’m mentally exhausted now!
So again I must break the rules…lol It’s my thing, what can I say?
Since I don’t have enough efriends (followers) I propose this: If you stop in, feel free to pick a question(s) and leave an answer. I look forward to hearing about you!
And to those of you who stopped in….thanks for coming by.
Y’all come back now, ya hear!