So I’m sitting here patiently waiting to hear back from a couple of prospective ebook publishers regarding my submission. I say patiently – but really what I mean is…ugh! I have to constantly remind myself that all good things come in time.
So I made a mental list of things to keep myself occupied mentally.
1. Take a nap. It works for my dog Winston. That’s him on the right.
2. Learn how to knit. Surely that will keep my hands busy from constantly checking my phone every time an email notification comes in.
3. Go for a jog…..lol Yeah right!! It’s like the 7th layer of hell outside, this heat is brutal!
4. Create an Author page on Facebook……well, maybe I’ll wait. I’m technically not an Author yet…..crap!
5. Sweep the floors. There is always enough hair there to keep me occupied – and make another animal out of it. Yuck….they should all be bald by now! Note to self: next animal will be hairless.
6. Go back and work on the other books I have begun and not finished. Ummmm….no, I need to focus on the 2nd book of the series I started.
7. Call a psychiatrist and book an appointment. Surely these thoughts of “I’m not good enough” or “I’m deluding myself” are just my nerves talking…right?
8. Call the bestie…..wait, better not, it’s 1:30 in the morning.
9. Start drafting my bucket list.
10. Create a blog on all the things I should do to keep my mind occupied while waiting.
Woo hoo…One thing accomplished!
What can I say, I’m easily entertained and an insufferable smart ass to boot. I like to keep to the lighter side, maybe create a laugh or two while doing it. I’m not big on “talking down” to people…I want them to relate to me, as I really am. I’m definitely not one of those people who have to look down my nose to see people. I’d rather look at them and maybe take a little of their wisdom and infuse it with all my half-assed know how. Surely it will create a stronger me in the end.
So now that you’ve read my ramblings, what do you do while you wait?
Thanks for stopping in!